Friday departure from Café Roma, 176 Oxford Terrace.
Meet for breakfast / coffee from 9:00 am for a departure at 10:15
A booking has been made – pay as you go.
Please, please make sure you fuel up before departure.
Leave Christchurch city via Marshlands rd, Kaiapoi. - Tuahiwi, - Waikuku.
Then over Ashley river bridge turn left – Sefton.
Sefton - Amberley – Waipara – Waikari.
Waikari stop at Star and Garter, turn right and travel through Scargill Valley rd to Gretta Valley.
Gretta Valley travel north for 2 km’s then right to Motunau Beach.
- Travel via shingle roads to the Hurununi River mouth – then Gore bay – Cheviot
- Head back to state highway 1 and travel north to Domett – turn right – Gore Bay – Cheviot.
Now we have all arrived at Cheviot no hassles, time for Fuel and Food
North to the awesome Leader rd and travel to Waiau
Waiau is our first night stop over – YOU MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS, suggestions are...
- Waiau Holiday Park ph 03 3156672
- Waiau Lodge Hotel ph 03 3156003
- Freedom camping by the river
- Fall over and sleep till dawn
This is the WAI part of the rally